Search Engine Optimization and Marketing/SEO/SEM
Paid Search Campaigns/PPC
Social Media Marketing/SMM
Virtual World Optimization
Google AdWords Certified
Web Analytics Analysis
Google Analytics Reporting
Optimized Content Creation
Landing Page Optimization
Salesforce Campaign Integration
DoubleClick Dart Search
Email Campaign Creation
Social Media and Digital Marketing ‘Gun for Hire’
Peyton Media Management
June 2009 – Present
Adjunct Professor, Portland State University
September 2010 – Present
http://www.pdc.pdx.edu/mmedia/digital-marketing, Portland OR
Vice President, Bonfire Social Media
January 2010 – December 2011
Bonfiresocialmedia.com, Portland OR
Vice President of Bonfire Social Media, duties include:
·Managing team and directing all operations
·Building social media strategies for clients
·Measuring and reporting on campaign success
Executive Editor, Thoroughly Modern Marketing (TMMPDX.COM)
January 2009 – Present
TMMPDX.com, Portland OR
Executive Editor and creator of TMMPDX, a Portland-based marketing resource website.
· Publish and Edit Content – Create and edit articles, podcasts and weekly columns for internet marketing related website.
· Search Engine Optimization – Monitor and optimize website content to ensure top search engine rankings for relevant keywords. Maintained top position in Google for terms such as ‘Portland Marketing Events’.
· Social Media Marketing – Responsible for all social media marketing campaigns, including such sites as Twitter and LinkedIn. Responsible for gaining over 5000 Twitter followers within months of launch.
President, Virtual Job Candy
January 2008 – July 2009 Virtualjobcandy.com, Portland OR
President and co-founder of Virtual Job Candy, a virtual world job services company.
· Website and optimized content creation – Designed and developed an optimized website to promote virtual job services.
· Optimized Blog Management – Developed and managed optimized blog reporting on virtual world news and virtual world jobs.
· Search Engine Optimization – Monitor and optimize website content to ensure top search engine rankings for relevant keywords. Maintained top position in Google for terms such as ‘virtual jobs’ and ‘virtual world jobs’.
· Virtual World location creation and optimization – Designed a creative Second Life presence including virtual interview rooms and conference facilities for real world employers.
· Social Media Marketing – Responsible for all social media marketing campaigns, including such sites as Twitter and LinkedIn. By publishing blog content and job postings on Twitter, website traffic and candidate registrations doubled.
Publisher and Editor, SLentrepreneur Magazine
January 2008 – Present WWW.SLENTRE.COM, Portland OR
Publisher and editor of SLENTRE.COM, a publication reporting on business practices in the virtual world of Second Life.
· Website and optimized content creation – Publish content that generates thousands of weekly page views with 50% of visitors reaching the site via organic search.
· Email subscription management – Manage and grow a list of publication subscribers reaching relevant users via email updates.
· Team management – Recruit, manage and compensate an international team of talented writers and photographers.
· Virtual World location creation and optimization – Created an effective Second Life presence including meeting space and a dynamic kiosk promoting the magazine in-world.
· Marketing and promotions – Responsible for all marketing campaigns, promotions and contests such as the 2008 SLentrepreneur of the Year Award. Successfully implemented a social media marketing campaign including Twitter and Plurk, increasing overall magazine subscriptions.
Director of SEM Strategy and Client Services, EngineWorks
January 2008 – March 2009 EngineWorks, Portland OR
Director of Paid Search (PPC) Department of Internet Marketing/Search Marketing firm. Responsibilities and duties include:
· Client Services – Work directly with the client to manage expectations, create timeline for deliverables and report on campaign metrics.
· Client Portfolio – Managing portfolio of PPC clients, monthly spend across all engines totaling over $200K or $2.4 million annually.
· Budget – Manage monthly spend caps in search engines for all clients.
· Team Manager – Lead, train and provide efficient workflow processes for a team of Account Managers.
· Build Campaign Strategy – Create comprehensive strategy documents for all new accounts.
· Analytics Data – Track and analyze analytics data to improve campaign performance.
· Conversion Tracking – Conduct performance audit on existing campaigns and optimize for greater ROI.
· Ensure all campaigns are tracking conversions and revenue data properly.
· ROAS – Work with the client to ensure greatest possible Return On Ad Spend.
· Landing Page Optimization – Perform landing page consultations to ensure the highest possible conversion rate.
· Copywriting – Write ad copy variants and perform A/B copy testing to improve CTR on existing PPC ads.
· Keyword Research – Use Wordtracker, Keyword Discovery and Google to refine, expand and optimize client’s keyword lists.
· Reporting – Build monthly, weekly and quarterly reports demonstrating campaign performance.
· Bid Management – Utilize DART Search and other industry tools to perform bid management and optimization.
· SEO/SMM – Assess campaigns for other marketing opportunities such as organic search engine optimization or social media marketing campaigns.
Internet Marketing Coordinator
June 2006 – Dec 2007 Generator Group, Portland OR
Created and implemented successful Internet Marketing Strategy achieving the following results:
· #1 ranking in Google, Yahoo and MSN for targeted, long-tail keyword phrases.
· Implemented and Managed Paid Search Campaign in Google.
· Managed monthly email newsletter campaign reaching thousands of subscribers.
· Doubled the number of indexed pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN.
· Optimized company blog by creating keyword rich categories, content, and by adding features such as RSS and email subscription.
· Doubled overall website traffic.
· Doubled the number of overall inbound links.
· Doubled the amount of traffic from search engines.
· Increased overall conversion rate by 25%.
2006- Present Freelance, Portland, OR
· Create and present design comps to clients using Photoshop CS2, Illustrator CS2 and Fireworks.
· Develop websites using HTML, CSS and Flash.
· Design site structure and usability.
· Access client marketing goals and present website plan that meets those goals–taking into consideration content management, Search Engine Optimization and site maintenance.
·Social Media Award Finalist 2009, SoMe Awards Portland
·Sammy Award Finalist 2009, National Social Media Award Nomination
·Google Adwords Qualified Professional
·Member of Web Analytics Association (WAA)
· Member of Virtual World Association (AVW)
Portland Community College, Portland OR
Spring 2006-Summer 2007
· Web Development Certificate, 4.0 GPA
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond VA
Fall 1991 – Spring 1994
· Bachelor of Fine Arts